Thursday, May 12, 2016

Finding Juliet - Review

“Maybe this is why we read, and why in moments of darkness we return to books: to find words for what we already know.” 

This quote is as true as it can get while reading this book! Have you had break-ups and patch-ups all your college life? Have you had that one friend who doesn’t leave your side no matter what? Have you had an almost complete stranger listening to your heart breaks as you drink few shots of Vodka?

Well, Finding Juliet is all about YOU relating to every event happened in your life as a young adult. There is this graduate student who falls in love (or, may be, trying to Find his Juliet?) not as a matter-of-fact but without having nothing but the desire to be truly in love with a girl.

From his college days to his office days, he never ceases to fall in love with a girl (or, may be, trying to find true love?) he comes across. But, with every break-up he has, he tries to learn few things about a girl, few do’s and few do-not’s, few life lessons which will change his life, forever.

I think I can safely make an Alchemist reference after reading this book. You go on looking for treasure elsewhere, when in actuality, it is right under your roof.
(Well, in this case, the treasure is love)

What I actually mean by this reference? You must definitely read this book to find out and I guarantee you that you’ll relate to every incident this guy goes through while trying to find his Juliet.

Likes –

My favourite character in this book is that constant friend to the guy who is trying to find his Juliet. Her perseverance, her emotional strength, her unconditional love towards her friend, and what not! She is like this perfect friend you would love to have beside you! (Believe you me, I know you can relate to this character as much as I did).

Dislikes –

The narration part, I found it difficult to get used to it since its like just reciting lines from a personal diary of a guy. But, nonetheless, after 100 pages into the book, I got totally hooked up to the story and the narration didn’t matter anymore. I also thought, there could be more humour added in the book.
--

But, which book isn’t without any flaws? For a budding author, I guess the author did a pretty good job at hooking me up to the story TILL the end! (The climax was amazing, I say!).

I suggest this book if you want a quick read, if you’re fond of young-adult romantic story, or pick this up while you’re on a long train/bus journey and I’m sure it will make you feel nostalgic about your college days!

Rating: 3/5


Note: The book is available on the Juggernaut Books App. You can get it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment