Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Ruskin Bond

Ruskin Bond has a very special place in my heart. I guess, I was in my 7th standard when I read the short story The Woman on Platform No.8 in my English Textbook. Of which I could remember every single detail because the language he spoke was so clear and straight from the heart. Also, I could relate to that story. As children, we were always warned about suspicious strangers who offer food or chocolates, and if we accept them that would be the death of us. As a kid, I was always intrigued by this because I have never seen a stranger who offered chocolates to me did any harm to me. They were all sweet to me and I felt it’s just parents trying to be overly cautious of others. I mean, how bad it is to live in a world where you can’t trust each other? How can you live in a society, among people, who you always have to doubt? Isn’t it better to leave that society instead of NOT living in peace or making peace with others?

‘I like strangers’ are the exact words to which I can relate to.

I have never seen any author who writes so candidly and makes me feel refreshed every time I finish a story. I’m so glad to have read Ruskin Bond’s books.

No comments:

Post a Comment