Thursday, July 7, 2016

Norwegian Wood - Review



Where do I start talking about this beautiful gossamer novel? I feel so tiny to describe something so amazing which has happened to me in these few days. Murakami sure knows how to twist and turn those emotions which you chose to ignore and bury deep down in your heart. This book will amplify your hazy memories of teenage. Your love. Your crush. Those deep questions you asked yourself when you were in your teens: ‘What is going to happen to me in the future?’ ‘What is life and death?’ ‘Why does everyone seem like knowing what they are going to do with their life but I feel like I know shit!?’

Norwegian Wood made me feel nostalgic. Sometimes sad, sometimes happy, but most of the time I felt good just lingering with my memories; they felt like the dew drops on a freshly cut grass in my backyard after a drizzle of rain.

One more important thing was that I didn’t just connect to the protagonist, but I could connect with every character in this book. May be not wholly, but at least in pieces. Get what I mean? Yeah. By the time I got accustomed to the characters, and started enjoying the background described in the book, I felt an intense desire to make friendship with these characters in the book. Those limpid souls just struck the right chord in my heart and I don’t want them to stop playing that soft music which started soothing my heart. I didn’t want to stop reading it.

I wish the book never ended. That is the problem with good books. When you finish, you feel like you’re reborn and never want to turn your head from that phase of life. You wish life stopped then and there.

“You make it obvious you don’t care whether people like you or not. That makes some people angry.”

Not only that you connect to this on a spiritual level, you can even relate these characters with the people from your life. And, I’ve a friend who is just like the quote I mentioned above from the book.


I wish I were a character in this book. It contains characters which have beautifully twisted minds and hearts you'll ever come across. Don't miss it.

1 comment:

  1. Well written about one of the best books i have read. You know right?

    ReplyDelete