Thursday, January 14, 2016

Friends

As I already told in my earlier post that I have very few friends since childhood because of my gloomy nature. Introvert and reserved. Some people say that they are reserved at first but become friendly later when they get used to that person. I’m nothing like that. When I say I am reserved, I mean it. I might put you in the category of my best friends and still not talk anything with you for days and weeks. Don’t ask me why? I’m just so.

Do you think anyone can hang around a girl who doesn’t talk like other girls, and keeps on running the marathon of being silent for days and weeks? I guess, no. That’s why I end up having very few friends with whom I can talk or not talk any day I wish.

It was a challenge to me regarding this ‘friendship’ when I came to Delhi. I don’t know anyone here. I’m such a complete stranger to this city! But, the first day I entered in to the class, I met this girl who is from Rajasthan and she kept on blabbering till our lecturer came. So, I took the advantage of the situation and asked her notes to complete the previous lectures. That way, I became ‘friends’ with her. I asked her about the book shops from where I can buy, she didn’t just give me the directions but accompanied me to that book store the next day. Such a sweet girl.

I’m sure, I cannot be that way to a complete stranger in a strange city. I thought I should learn being selfless from her. She even introduced me to Delhi’s street food, by god, I have fallen in love with the city just because of that!

But after few days, she stopped coming to classes and was very irregular because of her health problems and homesickness. I visited her room and used to exchange notes and everything. I was left alone again in the class without having anyone to talk to.

Then, I started sitting in the same bench with the same people every day so that I can start talking or they can start talking if it is a similar face. That way I made friends with two Kerala girls, a Delhi girl who is really close to me, and two UP girls. Now, I can’t step out of my room to have some fun without at least one of these girls as my company.

Actually, I’m that girl who prefers guy friends over girl friends on any given day cuz ‘less drama’, right? So, I used to rarely hangout with my girlfriends when I was in Hyderabad. Now, since I made friends (which was a nearly impossible task of my life) with these girls I feel so blessed.

I guess, my days in Delhi have taught me good things more than these 20 years of my life.

2 comments:

  1. I could see my description in some places like being silent for days and weeks and less dramebaaz guy friends.
    Light read. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see my description in some places like being silent for days and weeks and less dramebaaz guy friends.
    Light read. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete