Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Clouds and everything!

First day in Delhi -

In fact that’s the first time I travelled in a flight. You know that childish like excitement when a middle class family boards a flight for the first time? Or, just exploring the airport for the first time? Well, I never felt that excitement in me. It’s as if am pre-occupied or something, I never bothered to think about my first flight experience. It also has got something to do with my dad, because that’s also the first time I’m going to some far away city without my mom. Me and my dad, don’t talk about ‘first time experiences’ you see. So, the excitement naturally didn’t sprout in me.

But, what I liked the most about the whole travel is, Clouds. I can’t stop taking pictures of clouds (and I got a window seat, imagine!). How beautiful it was to be above clouds, near clouds, in clouds. Wow. Also, why is a Samosa 100 rupees in flight? Damn.




There you go! Few pics of clouds, and the sky! Beautiful, just beautiful!

When I de-boarded it, we went straight to our Institute’s head office in Jia Serai. First impression of Delhi? It’s just like Hyderabad but everyone talks Hindi. Of course, few are rude. But, who is not in such big cities?

In the institute’s head office, that clerk girls informed me that their Institute’s other branch in GTB Nagar is the one which I have to visit and attend classes. I asked her, how do we reach to that place? She gave me directions to go to nearby metro station and board the Metro which goes through GTB Nagar. That’s the first time I saw the token given in Metro Station.

Here comes the deal. That’s the first time I ever saw a Metro. First time to walk in a sub way. First 
time to see such a big crowd! (I was under an illusion that there would be no bigger crowds as there are in Hyderabad, but I was proved wrong in a nano-second.) First time, I tried to make a conversation using Hindi (yeah, I’m Hyderabadi yet I donno Hindi, big deal). I don’t even know on which platform I should stand (oh don’t even ask what about my dad?). So, I finally boarded the one where I saw that GTB Nagar on the map they provide. I was very nervous until I de-boarded that cuz I am the one to blame if I get off at a wrong station. But, phew! Everything went well.

Such a nervous travel from Jia Serai to GTB Nagar, I would never forget that in my life.

So, we carried all that luggage which weighed nearly 10-13 kilos to the other branch of my Institute. 
Everything went accordingly. Now, it’s the time to find a hostel and join the same day.

Again carrying that heavy luggage with us, with the help of our Institute’s boy, we found a hostel which also has single rooms. I have totally fallen in love with that room in the first look. You just get connected to things at the first look sometimes, isn’t it true? I forced my dad to agree for that room, and he was so sceptical about it cuz, you know, its DELHI. Always in the news for famous ‘rape scenes’. But, he somehow nodded his head after 3-4 hours of sitting and talking with his friends. Everything went well except that I didn’t had any breakfast or lunch the whole day. Thanks to my mom who feeds me every day, otherwise I would have fainted by then.

So, after being sure about my room, I told my hostel warden to make the room ready so that I can shift the same day. Meanwhile, I was resting in another hostel of theirs where I had my lunch at 5 in the evening. I slept for a while until I was awaken by a lady. At that point, I met a girl who is also from Hyderabad.

Oh my happiness knows no bounds at that point! A telugu talking girl!? She is the sweetest girl I’ve come across in Delhi. She helped me with all the things which I have to buy during hostel-stay. She invited me for her birthday party along with her friends (I was totally shy and couldn’t make a conversation with anyone except one girl). We shared our numbers. She accompanied me to a beauty parlour (I was seriously in need of that). She used to help me whenever I bluntly ask for a help. Couldn’t ask for more in a new city where I don’t know the primary language that fluently.

All these things happened on Day 1 in Delhi. Eventually, I fell in love with the city for it offered me freedom more than anything.


I slept that day with excitement, nervous about the next coming days, in a city where no one knows my name, and being thankful for the nice things happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment