Thursday, January 14, 2016

The day I had a drink!

Fast forwarding a month or two since the first day in Delhi. This is what happened on that day.

I planned to meet my friend early in the morning, like at 5. We had a nice dinner the previous day. We planned everything for the next day. To wake up at 5 and start at that time to reach Agra. For what? Obvious. Taj Mahal, you see.

Well, NOTHING went according to our pre-plan. I slept very late, put an alarm (actually alarms knowing that I am such a lazy lass!) from 3 to 4 am thinking that I would wake up at some point of time. I absolutely don’t know when this sleepy Satan got into me, but I slept like without even budging a little to all those alarms!

Finally, I woke up at 7 am, hurriedly of course, searching for my phone. I know there should be missed calls. And there are like 20+ calls! I called to my friend and apologized a lot! We still felt that we need to go somewhere and spend the rest of the day. So, we went to see Red Fort. It’s nothing much to talk about, except for the museum. I’ve always loved museums! I spent like 1 whole hour just to read all the history below the pictures they hang it in there. Don't even ask about that 'minars' in that Fort. I was so suffocated in that crowd that I just went right in and came right out without even turning my head to see what's in that place. 

Delhi=crowd!

After coming out from the fort, we were pretty hungry and looking for a nice place to eat. But, couldn’t find any good restaurant or hotel in such a place. So, I asked let’s go somewhere else. My friend suggested that we should go to Connaught Place. The famous Connaught Place, Rajiv Chowk, Palika Bazaar. You know them right? Only in Delhi you find one place called by three different names.

So, we were searching for a restaurant to have some food. We went into the first restaurant we saw on our way cuz I was pretty hungry and didn’t mind ANY restaurant at that point. After I entered, I felt that restaurant was pretty dark for a ‘restaurant’. So, the waiter brought this menu card which contains only drinks. Then, I came to know that we were in a bar cum restaurant. :D

That was my first time, so yay! I was very cynical about drinking outside but my friend was all hyped up by that time, so I had to give a thumbs up. We ordered a beer and got one more free beer with it (lucky). Don’t ask me what’s the brand? I can’t remember the name.

Believe me, I had one full beer yet I didn’t feel like what they say that could happen if you drink a beer for the first time. Everything was SO darn normal I got frustrated! I mean, what’s the point of drinking then? I hated the bitter taste that a beer carries. I really really hated it. But, I enjoyed the feeling that it was my first time having a beer with a good company. Later my friend told me, that I was saying really funny things when I had that beer. I have never imagined myself to like alcohol cuz people become so nasty and talk such shit while they’re drunk. But, I guess I wasn’t like that. I was funny (taking my friend’s word for granted). So, drinking got the best out of me, I guess. I can’t say if I will ever get addicted to it. But, I’m sure I’ll never skip the chance of having a beer or whiskey or whatever if I’m offered (so, don’t hesitate to offer me drinks, kay?).


One hell of a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment